Of course, these are flour based products, which equates to some processing. For those of us who are McDougall over achievers or just want to celebrate some Maximum Weight-Loss goals with a great treat that won't reverse your course, but certainly tastes like it does, these are perfection!
Peanut Butter Oatnuts
Ingredients :DRY BOWL
- 1/2 cup Pastry Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 T Tapioca Starch
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Quick Oats
- 4-5 T Betty Lou's Just Great Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 T Brown Sugar
- 3 T Maple Syrup (overflowing.. if you like it sweeter:)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 T Apple Cider Vinegar
2 T powdered sugar
2 T Betty Lou's Just Great Powdered Peanut Butter
1 tsp water
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
–plus water as needed
- Purchase a Nonstick Donut Pan Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine the "Dry" Ingredients in a large mixing bowl, Mix. Combine "Wet" Ingredients in a small mixing bowl, Mix. Combine "Wet" Bowl into the "Dry" Bowl, Gently mix until completely combined.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until tops look slightly crispy and very lightly browned.
- When the Oatnuts are cooling, make icing. Drizzle the icing over Oatnut :)